Thursday, November 18, 2010

Gosh,-and I Was Feeling So Good...

...too good, I guess. I haven't had a bad cold in about forty years (about 8 months) and I hadn't even heard of Whooping Cough in about forty years (yeah...about 40 years) so I am told I need to be vaccinated for whooping cough, and like the dummy that I am, I agree and I get the shot.

OK, now I haven't heard of whooping cough for about 6 seconds (6 seconds) and haven't had a bad cold in about two days ago. (that's 2 days) Well, I guess the shot worked because I still don't have whooping cough but I damn sure do have a bad cold. I know it is just a coincidence I got the cold a couple of days after the vaccination. Ask anyone.

I'm sure glad I got that off of my chest. Now for my guarantee: I WILL NEVER AGAIN GET A WHOOPING COUGH SHOT!!! I wish I could say the same for the bad cold.

Right now I should be in Shasta Lake City, singing and entertaining senior citizens.

That was yesterday. Big bummer!!! Gosh, and I always have such a wonderful time at Shasta Lake City Senior Citizen Nutrition Center. Sometimes I even make enough money from tips (gratuities) to pay for my gas from Red Bluff to there and back. 'wow'... But the folks are nice and we do have a nice time.

Now it's 5:07 am here and I slept in until after 4 o'clock. 'yay'...I hope this is my last 'bad cold' day. There is an acoustic instrument musical jam session tomorrow at the Twin View Mobile Park recreation center. I'd sure like to go to it. Maybe I will be well enough to at least show up for a while. I hope so. A lady friend and I were planning on singing a song or two together and I am really looking forward to it. She is a very pleasant lady and a good singer and I would enjoy just about anything that involves her. ((^.~)) ((^.~))...(wink-wink) :( OK-OK,-I'll be nice!!

Well, I'd better post this and get it over with. Maybe add too it a little later.

My silver lining: Since I was sick yesterday, I had some quality time to spend with my little girl, Tina, in Portugal! yum yum! She is such a sweetie!! She is teaching me some Portuguese and I am teaching her a few things about America; American men, mostly! Me, mostly! 'chuckle' What a blessing she is.

OK, OK! (I already said that, didn't I) Yeah, all right. I better git {sic} this on the i-net before I think up sumfin {sic-again} else to add.

'oops'...too late... I need to add; there is a video on You Tube called, "I Want To Be With You Forever," by a group called Westlife that is about the greatest video I have seen. It is so well made that it's scary. If you watch it, I guarantee you will think of someone you love now or have loved in the past. It just does that to people. ...

I should add, there is a flashing sign that says, "I Fucking Love You," as the title and as a scene in the video. I know this will be a bit offensive to some people...it was to me,-I almost didn't watch it because of that sign. But it is done to drive home a point and it does it very well so, if you want to be happy and sad at the same time, watch this wonderfully made video and listen to this beautiful song and you can just close your eyes when this one scene comes on. The rest of the video is outstanding.

Later...

No comments: